Abstract submission is now closed. We will open the late-breaking science abstract submission (poster only) early February.
Deadline for abstract submission is Wednesday, 29 November 2017, 23:59 CET. Don’t forget to apply for the Young Scientist Award while submitting your abstract!
Authors are encouraged to submit abstract for platform and poster presentations in selected tracks and sessions.
Kindly read the instructions BEFORE submitting an abstract.
Only online submitted abstracts will be accepted. When submitting your abstract, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Abstract title: max 200 characters (including spaces), NOT in all caps;
- Abstract text: max 2500 characters (including spaces);
- Track and session: Please check the tracks and sessions and their description before submitting;
- (Co-)authors: name and affiliation;
- Keywords: max 4;
- Presentation preference: platform presentation or poster presentation. NOTES:
- Presenters submitting a paper for a platform presentation MUST also include an extended abstract attached to their submission (in addition to the short abstract). Only submissions including an extended abstract will be considered for a platform presentation, see instructions below. Presenters with a preference for poster presentation should not include an extended abstract.
- Authors are limited to giving ONE platform presentation. If you submit two abstracts for platform presentation as a presenting author, only the last one will be considered for review. There are no restrictions on poster presentations or co-authorship.
NOTE: By submitting your short abstract, you give SETAC permission to publish it in the abstract book that will be distributed at the meeting among all attendees.
Presenters submitting a paper for a platform presentation MUST submit both a short abstract (see instructions above) and an extended abstract (max. 2 pages, including tables, figures and references). Platform applications without extended abstract will be automatically converted to poster preference.
NOTE: In case you are selected to give a platform presentation, your extended abstract will be available in the online meeting programme (open one month prior to the meeting), unless you indicate during the abstract submission NOT to publish the extended abstract. Extended abstracts are NOT published in any hard copy meeting materials.
- By submitting your abstract, you confirm having read and to agree with the instructions on short abstracts (poster and platform presentations) and extended abstracts (additional requirement for platform presentations).
- You must have a SETAC member account (paid) or SETAC non-member/guest account (free of charge)
- Enter the abstract submission module with your SETAC username and password, and fill in all the required details.
- If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within 24 hours after submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can’t remember your SETAC login credentials? Please contact Laura Rossy.
- If you don’t have a SETAC member account neither a non-member/guest account, please create one here:
- Click here if you are affiliated in Africa, Europe, Russia or the Middle East
- Click here if you are affiliated in Latin or North America
- Click here if you are affiliated in Asia/Pacific
- Note that your username and (new) password will be active approximately two hours after creating/re-activating your account (members and non-members)
- For any questions about SETAC accounts, please contact Laura Rossy.
- The presenting author must be registered for the meeting by 20 March 2018.
- Awards: if you are a junior scientist (student OR a scientist within 3 years from MSc graduation, OR a PhD student), you can apply for the Young Scientist Award. Only ONE presentation per author will be considered for the award.
- Abstracts must not promote a commercial product, process, or service. The abstract should not have been previously published or presented. By submitting an abstract you are agreeing to abide by the copyright & presenter responsibilities and the SETAC code of conduct.
- Please note that the fact that a session is included in the call for abstracts does not guarantee that this session will be programmed at the meeting. Depending on the number of abstracts received, the scientific committee will decide to accept, merge or cancel the session. In that case the scientific committee will make suggestions to move your platform/poster abstract to another session.
- Presenting authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection of their abstract at the latest 25 January 2018.
- Note that acceptance of your abstract and invitation to present at the meeting does not include a free registration nor any other financial compensation. ALL presenters have to register and pay before 20 March 2018. Accepted abstracts from presenters not having registered by 20 March 2018 will be cancelled and excluded from the programme and abstract book.
SETAC membership accounts and guest accounts, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Scientific programme and abstract submission, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.